Tim Holmes

3d Architectural Visualizer
Hi Folks, I am an Architectural Visualizer in Blender. I particularly enjoy Log Homes and structures. I also am an avid Train Watcher and model railroader.
Hi Folks,

My name is Tim Holmes, I'm an Architectural visualizer from a tiny little town (not nearly far enough out in the country) about 35 miles (60 km) southwest of Cleveland, Ohio, USA.Β  I particularly love Log Homes and other Log Structures, as well as the Craftsman and Arts and Crafts Styles.Β 

I started doing visualizations on paper, and over the course of several years got pretty good and hand drawing perspectives of different rooms.Β  I graduated to one of the HGTV Software products, which quickly proved to be inadequate to the projects I was trying to do.Β  I joined blender in the 2.7x series (around 2.76 or so I think) and have progressed with the system from there.

My training is in Biology, and I was a teacher for years, so I tend to be pretty precise in my drawings, but I am learning to go more for the visual appeal than for the exact to the 1/10000th inch.

My hope and goal is to turn my hobby into a business doing visualizations for the middle class home market.Β  There are a lot of folks out there who would like to be able to see what their new home would look like ahead of time, or try out several different arrangements in a space without having to move furniture around, who realistically cannot afford to hire a big Arch Viz firm.Β  This is my target audience.

You can check out some of my work at http://taholmes160.artstation.com

I'm looking forward to interacting with you all and learningΒ 

TIM
West Rim Digital Studio